Ruff Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruff Gaming

eSports for Everybody!

Join our new Facebook page - Search for Ruff Gaming over at Facebook and hit the Like button! Simples!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter - @RuffGaming
Don't forget to follow our twitter accounts - @RuffGaming @RuffiansFC & @RuffGamingTV
Join our Forza Horizon 2 Car Club on the Xbox One! Full details below in our forum section - Clubs and Clans

You are not connected. Please login or register

Windows 8? or Not?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Windows 8? or Not? Empty Windows 8? or Not? Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:08 pm

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

So I have a chance to get Windows 8 for dirt cheap as I bought a new laptop (with Windows 7) and part of the offer was that I could upgrade for £14.99 when Win 8 is released at the end of October.

The question is should I?

I have seen mixed reports on it so far from people that have had the preview version and I am not sure whether to take the plunge and get it.

I heard its a lot faster and easier on battery usage. I like the look of the new lay out but they are only a few screenshots that I have seen online.

Anybody planning on getting it? Or should I stay away and stick with Windows 7?

pirat

http://ruffianstew.blogspot.com/

2Windows 8? or Not? Empty Re: Windows 8? or Not? Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:02 pm

mickyb

mickyb
RuffiansFC Player

my advice would be buy a mac Razz

Nah,iv heard loads of people say it aint that good, im going to try and get hold of a (legitimate)copy and il possibly do a review if it helps?

I guess its more down to personal preference

3Windows 8? or Not? Empty Re: Windows 8? or Not? Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:28 am

PR1NC3

RuffiansFC Player

get it and see if you want to use it later on. Surprised

http://www.woolacombepizza.co.uk

4Windows 8? or Not? Empty Re: Windows 8? or Not? Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:49 pm

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

Got it last week...not impressed Sad

5Windows 8? or Not? Empty Re: Windows 8? or Not? Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:28 pm

mickyb

mickyb
RuffiansFC Player

I have ran it for 2 days and hate it and now gone back to windows 7, really wouldn't bother with it, if you have a touch screen it would work perfectly

6Windows 8? or Not? Empty Re: Windows 8? or Not? Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:04 pm

ICEMAND18

ICEMAND18
RuffiansFC Player

Seems to have been designed for tablets/phones rather than laptops, downgraded back to windows 7!

https://twitter.com/Iceman_D18

7Windows 8? or Not? Empty Re: Windows 8? or Not? Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:47 pm

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

**Update**

F***ed up my computer good an proper - didn't install properly over Windows 7 and when I tried to "Refresh" it, the "some programs" it said it might have to delete turned into everything that wasn't Microsoft. Not amused. Fortunately I had taken a back up of my Windows 7 installation - oh wait that failed - Microsoft...even less amused.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]