Ruff Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruff Gaming

eSports for Everybody!

Join our new Facebook page - Search for Ruff Gaming over at Facebook and hit the Like button! Simples!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter - @RuffGaming
Don't forget to follow our twitter accounts - @RuffGaming @RuffiansFC & @RuffGamingTV
Join our Forza Horizon 2 Car Club on the Xbox One! Full details below in our forum section - Clubs and Clans

You are not connected. Please login or register

The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up

+9
mikethemute
thetaffman
womblemk3
pgtips77
T3RRAF0RM
Darkestfrost
Wackybar8
RaingodZippo
RuffianStew
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:29 pm

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

Posted on the behalf of Iceman and The Mehwarrior.

The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Main_s12
The Ruff Touring Car Championship

We can’t stop giving you Forza comps!

We thought we would try to incorporate one of the most popular forms of motorsport into a competition right here on Ruff Gaming! Do you consider yourself the next Andrew Jordan? Calm and calculated! Or are you the more ‘Unpredictable’ Rob Austin who will stop at nothing to cross that line in first? Whoever you consider as a role model this competition is for you!

This championship is open to everyone at Ruff gaming, however I will take into consideration if you have competed before, giving you priority over new members as this is only fair! We usually had between 10-13 racers sign up so there are still places up for grabs!
The championship starts on the 19th November and will run over 4 weeks, with one round a week starting @ 10pm every Tuesday. Races should last between 15-20 mins each (More on that later!) with a qualifying session of 10 mins, so about an hour in total.

Race Settings

I will be enforcing the following rules:
Easiest braking allowed: ABS ON
Easiest Steering allowed: Normal
Traction Control: Driver Preference
Stability Control: Driver Preference
Racing Line: Driver Preference
Damage: Simulation (Collisions always on)

Scoringand Teams

This championship will be a team championship as well as an individual championship, the teams will be made up of a “Pro” driver and a “Pro-Am” driver from the previous comps drawn at random, don’t worry if you haven’t raced before, the teams will be as balanced as possible. The draw will be done at random and as always will be posted well before the 1st round. The sign up will close the weekend before the first race, giving me time to organise the teams and announce before the race night. There will be a separate section on the forum for you to post your team names!

Points will be assigned as follows:

Per race:
1. 80 pts
2. 75 pts
3. 70 pts
4. 65 pts
5. 60 pts
6. 55 pts
7. 50 pts
8. 45 pts
9. 40 pts
10. 35 pts
11. 30 pts
12. 25 pts
13. 20 pts
14. 15 pts
15. 10 pts
16. 5 pts

Team score will be the total points of both driver added together.
If you don’t make the race for any reason you will be given zero points for that race week, harsh I know but last time I tried something different with lap times etc but it didn’t work very well.
Right now this is where this championship differs from other comps……  

The Cars

Each team will be gifted 2 identical cars from the championship carpool to be used for EVERY round of the championship. Each team will be drawn a car at random and for the sake of fairness my team will use the last remaining car. I’ve tried to keep the cars performance on a level playing field but they will all be slightly different in terms of handling and speed. Hopefully it will make for compelling races!

The full list of cars is as follows:
2007 Honda Civic Type-R
2006 Ford Focus ST
2009 BMW 135i Coupe
2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk6
2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbocharged
2010 Seat Leon Cupra R

If we get more than 12 racers signed up I have other cars up my sleeve!
The cars will come pre-modified to A600 PI with the following features: Full Aero Kit (Race Front bumper and Race Spoiler), Race Gear Box, Turbocharger, Race Tyres. If you wish to change the Drivetrain you may and return the car’s PI to A600 but the engine and aspiration must remain original as well as the features listed above.

As for Tuning, that is open to you, if you fancy yourself a tinkerer then go for it but please don't buy any setups from the storefront as they change the parts on the car also.

Qualifying

As with our other comps there will be a qualifying session before each race. Each race will have a mini circuit race beforehand with a set number of laps (track dependant) in which a driver must set their fastest lap time (Top Gear Style), the collision mode will be set to Ghosts and there will be 5 second delay between each car to hopefully reduce the number of collisions! The end of race timer will be set to 10 minutes which should allow people time to complete their laps! Once back in the lobby, I will then change the race to the correct NUMBER OF LAPS and the grid order will be set to Lobby Points, which will arrange us in the correct starting order. Please note that Forza puts clean laps, no matter how fast an unclean lap is, ABOVE unclean laps so if your lap isn’t clean, don’t be surprised if you are near to the back! For example, one person could set a lap time of 1.35 seconds, but went off track at one point whereas someone did a lap in 1.45 seconds, this lap being clean; the clean lap would rank higher than the faster lap. Please note that because of this qualifying session there will be no pre lap warm up race as with other championships.

Races

Another new feature of RTCC is we’re having 2 races a night! But don’t worry they’re not going to be 40 laps each only 10-12 depending on the track. If you are familiar with the BTCC we are using a similar system to them;

Race 1: “Normal” race, we start in the qualifying order and race as normal.
Race 2: “Reverse” race, combining the finishing positions of quali and race 1 the grid is reversed (12th starts 1st, 1st starts 12th) and we have another race of the same distance.

Hopefully this will stop the dominance of a few drivers and allow anyone who loses connection another chance to race!

The first race information is as follows:
Track: Motegi (East Circuit)
Number of Laps: 10 per Race

As with most racing competitions myself and Ruffian Stew will be acting as Stewards and with Forza’s replay facility, we can track your every move ;)you have been warned!!!!!!! Full guidelines for how we assess each incident can be found in the steward’s enquiry section of the forum.

For those who haven’t raced with us before or if anyone needs a reminder of the rules please check out the rules section of this part of the forum, for full rules for both main race and qualifying. If you have any questions please post them in the questions section and either myself or Ruffian Stew will answer them ASAP.

Prizes

The most important part!

The winner of the championship overall will gain 400 m/s points and be inducted into that most famous of halls, where the walls are made of gold and the residents drink from diamond encrusted goblets, the Ruff Gaming Hall of fame!

Both drivers from the team champions will also have the honour of entering the hall of fame!!

Phew… I think that is everything covered, so if you have managed to stay awake whilst reading all this then please post below to sign up and ensure you have either myself (Iceman D18) or Ruffian Stew on your friends list after sign up.

Starting Grid

1. Iceman D18 (Host/Race Steward)
2. Ruffian Stew (Race Steward)
3. The Mehwarrior2
4. RaingodZippo
5. Wackybar
6. Darkestfrost
7. Mikethemute
8. BoosterDQ
9.  Womble
10. thetaffman
11. T3RRAF0RM
12. PGtips77
13. SMB91
14. Nash

Last edited by RuffianStew on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:48 pm; edited 5 times in total

http://ruffianstew.blogspot.com/

2The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:34 pm

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

I'm in.

3The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Wackybar8

Wackybar8
RuffiansFC Player

Yes please Smile

4The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Darkestfrost

Darkestfrost
RuffiansFC GoalKeeper

I'm in

5The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:51 pm

T3RRAF0RM

T3RRAF0RM
Ruff's Trials Evo Champion

Count me in

6The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:55 pm

pgtips77

pgtips77

put my name down please Smile

7The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:58 pm

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

Darkestfrost wrote:I'm in
Could you add Race Brakes to the cars please Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

8The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:25 pm

Darkestfrost

Darkestfrost
RuffiansFC GoalKeeper

RaingodZippo wrote:
Darkestfrost wrote:I'm in
Could you add Race Brakes to the cars please Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
theres no point. I won't be using them. Wink

9The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:50 pm

womblemk3

Throw my name into the hat please Smile Will ensure im off work on these dates!!

10The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:56 pm

thetaffman

thetaffman

Chuck my name in the hat please

11The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:10 pm

mikethemute

mikethemute
RuffiansFC Player

I'm in.

12The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Boosterdq26

I really wanna join, but the last 2 races I'm on night shift, could I be cheeky and ask if they maybe could be held on a Thursday?

13The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Boosterdq26

Thanks for moving the dates guys Smile I'm excited for this, also when the draw is done? Could u pull a number from another hat/pot/takeaway container, as I'm sure people would like a unique number for there car they have to use each race??

14The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:47 pm

The Mehwarrior2

The Mehwarrior2
The RuffCast Host & RuffiansFC Player

Boosterdq26 wrote:Thanks for moving the dates guys :)I'm excited for this, also when the draw is done? Could u pull a number from another hat/pot/takeaway container, as I'm sure people would like a unique number for there car they have to use each race??
Once Sign-up closes on Sunday, I'll post the Team and Car draw with appropriate numbers!

http://www.twitter.com/themehwarrior

15The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:40 pm

SMB91

SMB91

I'm in Smile

16The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Empty Re: The RTCC 2013 - Sign Up Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:19 pm

Nash Effect

Nash Effect
RuffiansFC Player

I'm in stew. Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum