Ruff Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruff Gaming

eSports for Everybody!

Join our new Facebook page - Search for Ruff Gaming over at Facebook and hit the Like button! Simples!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter - @RuffGaming
Don't forget to follow our twitter accounts - @RuffGaming @RuffiansFC & @RuffGamingTV
Join our Forza Horizon 2 Car Club on the Xbox One! Full details below in our forum section - Clubs and Clans

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody getting Project Cars on the Xb1 - Fancy a Comp on it?

+4
T3RRAF0RM
thetaffman
pgtips77
RaingodZippo
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

With Project Cars being released soon (if it is not put back again) on the XB1, I was wondering if anybody is getting it and whether if any Ruff Gamers would be up for a competition or 2 using it.

Was thinking of doing a something different like a Karting comp and maybe a multi type car comp bringing back the Ruff Track Day Championship.

I am open to any ideas if you guys have any.

Post below if your getting Project Cars and if your interested in the above ideas.

pirat

Last edited by RuffianStew on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://ruffianstew.blogspot.com/

Darkestfrost

Darkestfrost
RuffiansFC GoalKeeper

I'm getting it. Can't wait

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

Should be getting it so up for any competition.

pgtips77

pgtips77

Yes I'm getting it.

thetaffman

thetaffman

Yes and Yes

T3RRAF0RM

T3RRAF0RM
Ruff's Trials Evo Champion

I've been planning on doing the "Track Day Championship" with Project cars, as it was shift 2 that we did that on and its the same developers. As long as enough people pick it up

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

T3RRAF0RM wrote:I've been planning on doing the "Track Day Championship" with Project cars, as it was shift 2 that we did that on and its the same developers. As long as enough people pick it up

Great stuff pirat

T3RRAF0RM

T3RRAF0RM

I hope they get the go karts right. I've been playing gran turismo 5 recently and in that game they're so much fun. In fact its the best thing about the game, in my opinion.
I've had project cars on pre order for nearly 8 months. I can't wait. I would like to get a wheel & pedels set up for its arrival but they're so expensive at the minute.

Wackybar8

Wackybar8
RuffiansFC Player

Yes I'm up for any project cars competition.

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

Ok I have just pre-ordered\downloaded this ready for the release. Can't wait to hit the track - well more like other drivers and tyre walls but still can't wait!

If the online works well we will definitely be having a few comps on this soon!

ICEMAND18

ICEMAND18
RuffiansFC Player

With all the delays, it's given me the time to actually think about getting this, however I don't think it's going to be day one! (Just because of the way my money is spread out!)

However count me in for future competitions Stew... I guess you will need someone to race with? jocolor

https://twitter.com/Iceman_D18

T3RRAF0RM

T3RRAF0RM

After trying the multiplayer last night, it became obvious that it's not very stable yet. Players were losing connection in every race. That said, it's going to be perfect for some proper championships. Very Happy

ICEMAND18

ICEMAND18
RuffiansFC Player

What has everyone thought of it? I've not picked it up yet and I've heard mixed reviews from people...some say it's brilliant, others say it's awful.

The biggest gripe I'm hearing is that it isn't that compatible with the xbox controller...now I've got absolutely no interest in buying a wheel, I'm just not that into my racing games to justify it so would I be wasting my money on getting project cars if I'm not planning on getting a wheel?

T3RRAF0RM

T3RRAF0RM

ICEMAND18 wrote:What has everyone thought of it? I've not picked it up yet and I've heard mixed reviews from people...some say it's brilliant, others say it's awful.

The biggest gripe I'm hearing is that it isn't that compatible with the xbox controller...now I've got absolutely no interest in buying a wheel, I'm just not that into my racing games to justify it so would I be wasting my money on getting project cars if I'm not planning on getting a wheel?

Its quite challenging and the default controller setup is way off. You just have to slightly touch the left thumb stick and you're on full lock. Subsequently spinning you off the track. So some tinkering is required.
Some cars are a lot easier to drive than others. The career mode is the best I've ever played in a racing game.
If I were you I'd hold off until the 1st patch, as they are going to fix the controller issue. I'm not sure if I'm just getting used to it or its still broken.

ICEMAND18

ICEMAND18
RuffiansFC Player

T3RRAF0RM wrote:
ICEMAND18 wrote:What has everyone thought of it? I've not picked it up yet and I've heard mixed reviews from people...some say it's brilliant, others say it's awful.

Its quite challenging and the default controller setup is way off. You just have to slightly touch the left thumb stick and you're on full lock. Subsequently spinning you off the track.  So some tinkering is required.
Some cars are a lot easier to drive than others. The career mode is the best I've ever played in a racing game.
If I were you I'd hold off until the 1st patch,  as they are going to fix the controller issue. I'm not sure if I'm just getting used to it or its still broken.

Cheers mate! I think I'll give it another couple of weeks, let it get it's teething problems out the way before I make the jump into it! Hopefully this patch will make it drivable for nub nub drivers like me!

Darkestfrost

Darkestfrost
RuffiansFC GoalKeeper

ICEMAND18 wrote:
T3RRAF0RM wrote:

Its quite challenging and the default controller setup is way off. You just have to slightly touch the left thumb stick and you're on full lock. Subsequently spinning you off the track.  So some tinkering is required.
If I were you I'd hold off until the 1st patch,  as they are going to fix the controller issue. I'm not sure if I'm just getting used to it or its still broken.

Cheers mate! I think I'll give it another couple of weeks, let it get it's teething problems out the way before I make the jump into it! Hopefully this patch will make it drivable for nub nub drivers like me!

now I'm use to the controller and how you have to manage the throttle, I'm absolutely sold on this. Feels great and can finally remove Forza 5 from my hard drive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum