Ruff Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruff Gaming

eSports for Everybody!

Join our new Facebook page - Search for Ruff Gaming over at Facebook and hit the Like button! Simples!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter - @RuffGaming
Don't forget to follow our twitter accounts - @RuffGaming @RuffiansFC & @RuffGamingTV
Join our Forza Horizon 2 Car Club on the Xbox One! Full details below in our forum section - Clubs and Clans

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season 10 - Tournament Schedule and Format

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Season 10 - Tournament Schedule and Format Empty Season 10 - Tournament Schedule and Format Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:18 pm

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

Season 10 - Tournament Schedule and Format Main_s18
- Season 10 -
League Format and Schedule

So Season 10 of Ruff's Football League is here and is slightly different in format to previous seasons of this competition. This season is more along the lines of how the Euro Ruff's 2012 competition format that we held here a few months back but with a slight twist as this has more teams than before.

So the 1st part will be 5 mini leagues (each with 5 teams in) and everybody will be randomly drawn into their mini leagues. Everybody will play everybody in their mini league 2 times. Then the top 2 will qualify for the next stage of the competition. The other teams (bottom 3) will go out of the competition.

The next stage (round 2) will be another league but only 1 league this time and all 10 qualifying teams (the top 2 from each 1st round mini leagues) will go into this league. Everybody will play each other twice and once all those matches have been played the top 4 will then go into a random draw.

Once we have had the random draw the 2 matches (final 4 teams) will play a 1 off knockout game against each other (Semi Finals) then the 2 winning teams will go through to the grand final!

The grand final will be a one off match to find out who is our overall champion for season 10!

If at either of the semi finals or the grand final the results are a draw after 90 mins another 90 minutes are to be played. Replays are to keep being held until we have a winner of the knockout matches (Semi or Grand Final).

The winner of the grand final will win a 400ms points code and a place in the Hallowed Ruff Gaming Hall of Fame!

The details for the 1st round leagues (access codes and league names) that you need to sign up in game on Fifa 12 will be sent out on Monday 20th August. Once you are into your league you can start playing your 2 matches against everybody in your group.

Just to let you know I (RuffianStew) will be in every group to observe all the results etc. I will be in one of the groups as a player myself.

Below is a timetable I hope to run this competition by. We may have to change the dates slightly if needed but will try my best to stick to the below dates!

Season 10 Timetable

Round 1 Leagues to be randomly drawn - Tuesday 21st August 2012
Round 1 Leagues details sent out to players - Tuesday 21st August 2012
Round 1 League matches start to be played - Tuesday 21st August 2012
All Round 1 League matches to be played by - Monday 10th September 2012
Round 2 League details sent out to players - Wednesday 12th September 2012
All Round 2 League matches to be played by - Sunday 16th September 2012
Semi Final Draw & matches to start to be played - Monday 17th September 2012
All Semi Final Matches to be played by - Sunday 23rd September 2012
The Grand Final - TBA (But must before Friday 28th September 2012 - Fifa 13 release)

Any questions feel free to post them below

Thanks

Ruff

Last edited by RuffianStew on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://ruffianstew.blogspot.com/

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

With Round 1 matches taking longer to be played than planned I have moved the above dates from the original plan. Any questions on the new timetable then post them below.

Thanks

pirat

Darkestfrost

Darkestfrost
RuffiansFC GoalKeeper

Just waiting on gandalf and shakey! Come on guys. Get in touch! Wink

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

Darkestfrost wrote:Just waiting on gandalf and shakey! Come on guys. Get in touch! Wink

I am going to start to contact all the players that are AWOL at the moment and see what I can do Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum