Ruff Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruff Gaming

eSports for Everybody!

Join our new Facebook page - Search for Ruff Gaming over at Facebook and hit the Like button! Simples!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter - @RuffGaming
Don't forget to follow our twitter accounts - @RuffGaming @RuffiansFC & @RuffGamingTV
Join our Forza Horizon 2 Car Club on the Xbox One! Full details below in our forum section - Clubs and Clans

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite era / format of all time

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favorite era / format of all time Empty Favorite era / format of all time Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 pm

Baw Kicker

Baw Kicker
RuffiansFC Player

I was trying to do a poll for a laugh but there was far too much choice to condense.
Everyone likes to reminisce and has a favorite machine / time of gaming.

Whats your favorite era / format of all time and what machines did you play, some that I remember and played were.

Atari 2600
Spectrum
SNES
Mega Drive / Mega CD / Mega 32X
N64

But favorite has to be
1st Sinclair Spectrum
2nd Mega Drive era

Any thoughts ?

2Favorite era / format of all time Empty Re: Favorite era / format of all time Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:20 am

catbhoy

catbhoy
RuffiansFC Player

For me it's the ZX Spectrum was where it all started then the Amiga, great times, but If I’m honest my favourite times are now on the xbox, with all the online gaming and brilliant games.

3Favorite era / format of all time Empty Re: Favorite era / format of all time Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:22 am

Baw Kicker

Baw Kicker
RuffiansFC Player

Yip I'm enjoying the x box but who can forget cassettes for £2.99 and if u wanted to splash out on a £10 game in the cardboard box. Your Sinclair magazine with the free tapes and the suspense of waiting on the game to load with the squelly noise. Iv still got mine. What games did u play ?

4Favorite era / format of all time Empty Re: Favorite era / format of all time Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:32 am

Baw Kicker

Baw Kicker
RuffiansFC Player

Anybody remember the Dizzy games ? Or when Street Fighter arrived on the SNES ?

5Favorite era / format of all time Empty Re: Favorite era / format of all time Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Darkestfrost

Darkestfrost
RuffiansFC GoalKeeper

For it's amiga 500 all way! cheers

6Favorite era / format of all time Empty Re: Favorite era / format of all time Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Baw Kicker

Baw Kicker
RuffiansFC Player

Nice, Amiga was the daddy that i never had.

Did you have the Batman Pack ? Name some games dude

7Favorite era / format of all time Empty Re: Favorite era / format of all time Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:28 am

Darkestfrost

Darkestfrost
RuffiansFC GoalKeeper

Baw Kicker wrote:Nice, Amiga was the daddy that i never had.

Did you have the Batman Pack ? Name some games dude
i had my amiga pretty much the day it came out so, no didnt have the batman pack. had the batman game though. Very Happy

8Favorite era / format of all time Empty Re: Favorite era / format of all time Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:29 am

Darkestfrost

Darkestfrost
RuffiansFC GoalKeeper

i also had the amiga 1200 with a hard drive add on but it didnt run all the 500's games.

9Favorite era / format of all time Empty Re: Favorite era / format of all time Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:56 am

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

Commodore 64 for me...none of your cheap rubber key malarky Baw. Although I did later get access to a Spectrum +2 (the one with the attached tape player and it did have some good games you couldn't get for C64). I actually wrote my University dissertation using the Commodore 64 - try that on a Spectrum Smile

Oh and I had all the Dizzy games.

I also graduated on to the Amiga, Dark - had a 500+, a 600 and a 1200 (much later)fantastic machine - still have them in fact.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum