Ruff Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruff Gaming

eSports for Everybody!

Join our new Facebook page - Search for Ruff Gaming over at Facebook and hit the Like button! Simples!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter - @RuffGaming
Don't forget to follow our twitter accounts - @RuffGaming @RuffiansFC & @RuffGamingTV
Join our Forza Horizon 2 Car Club on the Xbox One! Full details below in our forum section - Clubs and Clans

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ruff Forza Endurance Championship - Season 3 - Race 1 Write Up

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ICEMAND18

ICEMAND18
RuffiansFC Player

Ruff Gaming Forza 4 Championship – Season 3
Race 1 – Mugello (Full) Results and Write up

Well the time had finally come round for the start of yet another season of Forza 4 racing and despite the late rule change (Who’s fault was that?!) 12 drivers took to the track for the first race at Mugello, using the sleek Alfa Romeo 8C.

A lot of hype had been bouncing round on Twitter and Forum, different paint jobs and some more ‘interesting’ team names being created (BAW!) so everyone was raring to go. Absentees were Baw Kicker, who is currently hunting down Sarah Palin to mate with in Alaska, and JRambo IV who unfortunately struggled with connection (Complain to work?!) and couldn’t get into the lobby.

I was slightly nervous about qualifying, had I got the settings right (2nd time lucky!) would the 5 second delay be enough between cars…. Well it soon proved that our Qualifying session worked well, with all drivers getting enough time to complete the 5 laps and post a clean lap time. The Mehwarrior showed his talent early in the championship with a storming Pole Lap of 1.59.364, just beating T3RRAF0RM’s 1.59.533 and Boosterq26, a newcomer to the championship, rounding off the top 3 with a time of 2.00.361. As an added incentive, the pole sitter gains an extra 5 points in the championship standings as well as starting at the front of the grid.

With a quick change of settings in the lobby to correctly order the grid for start, everyone was ready for the main event. Lights out on the first race of the season and everyone stormed down the long straight up to the first right hander, each car making it through with no major incidents and the grid started to settle into its usual pattern, with The Mehwarrior, Boosterq26, T3RRAF0RM and Darkestfrost pushing on ahead, mikethemute who struggled with his car at first holding on to the back of that pack. The usual midfield battle of PgTips 77, Raingod Zippo and Wackybar8 was soon taking place, swapping positions every couple of corners; you would think these three cars were attached bumper to bumper. Rounding off the back of the pack I was being hunted down quickly by The Taffman66, yet another newcomer in the championship, with Nash Effect easily holding off Miss Daisy…sorry…Ruffian Stew at the back of the pack.

A quite mediocre race in terms of a Ruff Gaming Forza 4 championship, with the main battle being that in the midfield of Pg, Raingod and Wacky, however things did pick up towards the end as that group closed Ruffian Stew to lap (Yes Raingod lapped Ruffian Stew!) with the Meh warrior also bearing down on that group, 5 cars all wanting the same bit of track but luckily everyone managed to get through unscathed!

The Mehwarrior was untouchable through the race and from Pole took the first win of the season, so big congratulations to him. Boosterq26 came home in 2nd place, could he be the dark horse of the championship, followed by T3RRAF0RM making a great start to the championship, holding off Darkestfrost who was closing in on the final laps. Mikethemute cruised home 5th, ahead of the midfield battle, which Pgtips just, and I mean just held of Wackybar to claim 6th place, Raingod followed shortly after in 8th, with The Taffman, having overtaken myself when I was in the pits (I had no choice but to pit or else I wouldn’t have finished!) with Nash Effect and Ruffian Stew (Only just finished….Miss Daisy stolen her car back after F1??) completing the final standings! The Welsh Warriors take the early lead in the team championship with 120 points!!!

My driver of the day goes to The Mehwarrior, who never looked like taking anything but the victory through qualifying and then the race itself.

Next up in the Championship is Road Atlanta in the DB9 Coupe (A Class) on the 10th September.

https://twitter.com/Iceman_D18

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

ICEMAND18 wrote: ...(Yes Raingod lapped Ruffian Stew!)...
Cool

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum