Ruff Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruff Gaming

eSports for Everybody!

Join our new Facebook page - Search for Ruff Gaming over at Facebook and hit the Like button! Simples!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter - @RuffGaming
Don't forget to follow our twitter accounts - @RuffGaming @RuffiansFC & @RuffGamingTV
Join our Forza Horizon 2 Car Club on the Xbox One! Full details below in our forum section - Clubs and Clans

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ruff Forza Endurance Championship - Season 3 - Race 2 Write Up (Return of the Baw)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ICEMAND18

ICEMAND18
RuffiansFC Player

Ruff Gaming Forza 4 Champisonship Season 3
Race 2 – Road Atlanta Write up (Return of the Baw)

That was a quick week right?!!! The race was held at Road Atlanta, using the Elegant DB9 Coupe over 30 laps… but forget the track and the car….the big news was Baw had successfully been deported from Alaska and was back on ready to cause chaos.

As it has been previously commented on, Baw is just another variable in races that you can’t control, like engine failure or the weather, you never know when it is going to happen, who it’s going to affect but he is there….waiting…..watching…..

After a few connection problems, we managed to get 13 out of the 14 drivers in, with the only absentee being Wackybar, who very honourably took his wife out for their anniversary rather than playing xbox. Before the main event, myself and Ruffian Stew tested various scenario’s with JRambo and we have managed to get him into the lobby for the first time on Forza!

As the cars lined up on the grid for qualifying, everything seemed to be going well, however right at the start of the session, mikethemute lost connection to xbox live, which resulted him starting from the back.

As expected the early lead lap times were posted by The Mehwarrior and Boosterdq26, both once again showing how much faster than the rest of the drivers, with JRambo just about holding on to the back. The shock of the session was pgTips77, who struggled to set a clean lap, which meant he started the race in 10th. Unfortunately connection trouble reared its ugly head again, with Rambo disconnecting after he finished his qualifying run, meaning instead of starting in 3rd, he had to start from the back of the grid, just in front of mikethemute. Once the grid has been realigned because of the disconnections, The Mehwarrior took his 2nd pole in as many races with a time of 1.31.013, gaining a valuable 5 points (that I will add on this time!!!), with Boosterdq26 just over half a second behind with a time of 1.31.852. T3RRAF0RM rounded off the top 3, being promoted with a time of 1.33.217. thetaffman showed real speed this week with a time of 1.34.097, just ahead of Darkestfrost (1.34.1320 and Raingod Zippo (1.34.399). I managed a time of 1.35.538 with Nash Effect (1.36.938) and Ruffian Stew (1.37.394) rounding off the clean laps. Pgtips (1.36.004) and Baw kicker (1.40.097) couldn’t manage a clean lap and started just ahead of Rambo and mikethemute!

Race time… everyone lined up on the grid as expected with the lights counting down! Lights out and everyone stormed towards the first right hander, steady as we go through the first corner to avoid any first corner incidents! Unfortunately Baw was back... and I was the victim! Somehow we both managed to avoid all the other drivers and Baw messaged me straight away after finishing the race apologising, he is a decent guy!! These things happen in the race and usually at the first corner and after watching the reply, I braked quite early and we were both off the racing line so I can’t fault Baw. The Mehwarrior and Boosterdq soon began pulling away from the main pack, with an epic battle between Rambo, thetaffman, T3RRAF0RM and Darkestfrost emerging just behind. Mikethemute had soon made up the places and was closing down this group, with Raingod Zippo and Pgtips a little way behind, both missing the last of their amigo’s Wackybar! Ruffian Stew had taken the early advantage but at lap 4, lost connection….so Raingod Zippo couldn’t have the pleasure of lapping for the 2nd race in a row! Boosterdq took the advantage from Mehwarrior around lap 10, showing once again he could be the dark horse of the competition! Rambo soon began to extend a gap in 3rd, allowing him to close down the front runners. Due the short lap, it wasn’t long before people began lapping the back markers, Baw doing his best with what must be an uncontrollable car after the collision and stayed well out of everyone’s way. After a pit stop my car improved slightly but I was losing 15mph on the straight and my handling was all over the show so I was losing 2/3 seconds a lap, meaning Nash could soon pull out a good distance between us. The midfield battle soon heated up towards the end but yet again connection issues meant we lost Rambo from the race, who was on track for a good 3rd place finish! Darkestfrost lead the pack from mikethemute, taffman and T3RRAF0RM. Raingod was racing on his own with pgtips really struggling this week with the track/car combination, and Nash some way behind. Up at the front the race got exciting with Boosterdq just…and I mean just holding on to take his first ever victory in a Ruff Gaming Forza Championship with Mehwarrior taking a vital second place.

Both the tables, driver and team championship, have been updated to reflect this race.

The next race will be held at Laguna Seca using the Weismann GT MF5 at S Class (Can be found in S class for 220,000 credits) on the 17th September (If people can drag themselves away from GTA V!)

If people are struggling for a car, one will be in the club garage to use, painted by Pgtips!

A massive thanks to everyone who took part in this week’s race and I look forward to next week!!!

Iceman

https://twitter.com/Iceman_D18

pgtips77

pgtips77

terrible race for me, not helped by poor qualifying. more practice laps needed for next week Neutral 

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

ICEMAND18 wrote:….so Raingod Zippo couldn’t have the pleasure of lapping for the 2nd race in a row!
He did it deliberately didn't he...Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

RaingodZippo wrote:
ICEMAND18 wrote:….so Raingod Zippo couldn’t have the pleasure of lapping for the 2nd race in a row!
He did it deliberately didn't he...Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
I don't know what you mean! Wink 

http://ruffianstew.blogspot.com/

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

RuffianStew wrote:
RaingodZippo wrote:
I don't know what you mean! Wink 
Woops how did that happen?
The Ruff Forza Endurance Championship - Season 3 - Race 2 Write Up (Return of the Baw) Hand_i10

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

Arh almost got me but that can't be me as I have a bright pink nail varnish!! Wink 

Actually when it happened I thought everybody else was dropping out as it was listing all you guys leaving the game on my screen and I thought oh crap at this rate I will be in the top 5 lol then I realised it was me that had gone! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

Bugger!!! pirat 

http://ruffianstew.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum