Ruff Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruff Gaming

eSports for Everybody!

Join our new Facebook page - Search for Ruff Gaming over at Facebook and hit the Like button! Simples!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter - @RuffGaming
Don't forget to follow our twitter accounts - @RuffGaming @RuffiansFC & @RuffGamingTV
Join our Forza Horizon 2 Car Club on the Xbox One! Full details below in our forum section - Clubs and Clans

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ruff Forza Endurance Championship - Season 3 - Race 3 Write Up

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ICEMAND18

ICEMAND18
RuffiansFC Player

The Ruff Gaming Forza 4 Endurance Championship Season 3
Round 3 – Laguna Seca

Last night we saw round 3 of the Forza championship hitting Laguna Seca in the unique Weismann GT MF5 over 30 punishing laps!

Now practice was little and far between for this race due to the release of some other unimportant game….. But most people had raced on the track in a previous endurance race in s class cars so wasn’t too much of an issue. The only absentee was Rambo who was once again having connection issues (although Raptr let me know that he now outranks me in GTA… Wink).

Qualifying threw up one or two surprises with The Mehwarrior (1.32.016) not dominating as he has done in previous sessions slipping to 3rd, with Boosterdq26 (1.31.182) and T3RRAF0RM (1.31.814) taking 1-2. Mikethemute (1.32.816) was breathing down Meh’s neck and Darkestfrost (1.33.670) rounding off the top 5. From 6th to 10th there was hardly anything between the drivers, Iceman (1.34.529) heading the group with pgtips (1.34.729), taffman (1.34.860) and wackybar (1.34.945) all breaking the 1.35 barrier. Raingod (1.35.025) rounded off this group with Ruffian Stew (1.39.438) completing the clean laps. One of the biggest surprises was Bawkicker (1.37.542) out qualifying Nash Effect (1.40.416), both unclean laps!

So with a quick change of settings (Apart from the end of race timer, sorry!!!) the race was set for a gruelling 30 laps. Lights out and everyone raced towards the first corner and making it through relatively unscathed. I think I upset Baw with my vinyl as he tapped me at the back but no real damage was caused so I carried on from the back. Unfortunately I think Xbox live was struggling with the number of people online (GTA’s fault) and we lost Raingod in the first few laps, with Pgtips not far behind disconnecting. The Mehwarrior had somehow passed booster on the first lap and was soon pulling away at the front, with Booster and T3RRAF0RM hunting him down. Nash Effect was really struggling with the car allowing Ruffian Stew to pull away, slowly hunted down by myself (Watch that Tree Stew!). Once again the back markers being lapped showing excellent behaviour on quite a difficult track, as there isn’t too many long straights! Baw Kicker was the next victim on a disconnection issue, losing him around the half-way point! Darkestfrost, using the pad because of his broken toe was also struggling with car, ultimately having a major accident, meaning his car became un-driverable and had to retire.

The rest of the race was quite quiet, Wackybar closed the gap to me in the closing stages but unfortunately run out of laps, I seriously think he needed 2 more laps and he would have me. The tyre wear was really causing me to struggle, so taffman managed to pull away.

The Mehwarrior stormed to victory, holding off Booster and T3RRAF0RM, to take his 2nd victory of the championship and crucially keep the positions in the overall table the same, having missed out on the extra 5 points for pole position.

The next race details are as follows:

Date: 24th September 2013
Track: Rally Di Postanio
Car: Vauxhall VXR (Upgrade to C Class)
Number of Laps: 40 (Mwahahaha!!!)

Over and out

https://twitter.com/Iceman_D18

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum