Ruff Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruff Gaming

eSports for Everybody!

Join our new Facebook page - Search for Ruff Gaming over at Facebook and hit the Like button! Simples!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter - @RuffGaming
Don't forget to follow our twitter accounts - @RuffGaming @RuffiansFC & @RuffGamingTV
Join our Forza Horizon 2 Car Club on the Xbox One! Full details below in our forum section - Clubs and Clans

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ruff Forza Endurance Championship - Season 3 - Race 4 Write Up

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ICEMAND18

ICEMAND18
RuffiansFC Player

The Ruff Gaming Forza 4 Championship – Season 3
Race 4 – Rally Di Postanio (Reverse)

These weeks seem to be flying by and it was soon time for yet another race in the 3rd Championship, 4th of the seaon, with The Mehwarrior leading the way and Boosterdq breathing down his neck.

For the 4th race, it was the return of an old favourite, Rally Di Postanio, the famous cobbled streets on the Italian Rivera, famed for its narrow track, cobbled street and more importantly (especially for us!) The lack of pits…..This time round we tackled the track in reverse, just to unsettle people a bit more…oh and we did 40 laps….which is our longest race to date! The car was the boy racer favourite Vauxhall Astra VXR (Not Corsa mike!) in a c class.

Notable absentees included thetaffman, missing his first race this season due to illness, Baw Kicker who we think was driving round looking for Darkestfrost, who had spotted a car with the Reg plate BAW… and J Rambo, who was stopping pirates robbing his ship yard….

Due to the nature of the track, its length and how easy it is to get an unclean lap (For no real reason!) I increased the number of qualifying laps to 8 to give people an extra few chances.
Also new this week was mikethemute was streaming the race live via twitch for the first time, allowing people outside the championship to look at what actually happens in the races. We had a bit of feedback on twitter (mostly at the carnage caused….) and it seemed to run quite well so a big thanks to mike for doing that!

Right so on with Qualifying! Due to the short lap times I also reduced the delay between cars to 3 seconds, to try and avoid clogging up of the track (even though there are ghosts and no damage, I still brake, it’s an instinct!) and it was clear who the early pace setters were! T3RRAF0RM, who had worked magic with the car, was leading the pack, with Darkestfrost and The Mehwarrior close behind. Booster, who usually pushed up the front seemed to struggle on a track he openly admitted he didn’t like with mikethemute also struggling with his car. Darkestfrost (1.08.516) soon set the fastest lap of the session, being pushed all the way by Mehwarrior (1.09.030). T3RRAF0RM (1.10.717) rounded off a great top 3 with boosterdq (1.11.371) not far behind. The middle of the pack was tighter than usual with Pgtips (1.11.590) equalling his personal best qualifying, closely followed by his 2 amigos Raingod Zippo (1.11.875) and Wackybar (1.12.073). I managed to beat my personal best time on this track with 1.13.746, with Nash (1.16.088) and Ruffian Stew (1.16.698) rounding off the grid. Unfortunately, mikethemute lost connection right at the death and despite a lap time of 1.11.603 had to start from the back!

So time for the main event, with all 11 cars lined up on what has to be the most boy racerish (is that even a word??) grid we have ever seen, half expecting to hear some clubland coming from a few cars, we even had Officer Wackybar in the middle of it…… Lights out and the smoke from the wheels was only matched by the boy racers sparking up as we raced off the line. Everyone made it through the first corner safely (even Ruffian Stew!) with Darkestfrost and Mehwarrior battling away at the front, with a strong T3RRAF0RM following closely. Darkestfrost soon began to struggle with his car, allowing Mehwarrior and T3RRAF0RM to push through. Pgtips, Raingod and Wackybar soon filed into rank, just behind boosterdq with all 3 having a really good few opening laps. Further back, contact between team mates, myself and mike meant we rounded off the grid with Ruffian Stew just behind Nash effect. Around lap 4 we sadly lost Darkestfrost who damaged his car beyond repair and was forced to retire, shame really because he has always done well on this track! Most of the action early during the race was at the back of the grid between myself, mikethemute, Ruffian Stew and Nash Effect. Mike didn't hang round for long (do you blame him?!) leaving me behind Ruffian Stew, who had an unusual love for his handbrake on the tight left hander...(showing up for the cameras?!) which was soon his downfall, smashing into the wall on the inside which resulted in him crawling round the track for one lap before....he managed to do the exact same thing!!!

With Darkestfrost gone, T3RRAF0RM was doing his best to hold on to the back on Mehwarrior, but couldn't close the gap, which proved even more difficult once the back markers came into play! Pgtips lead the 3 amigos which resulted in him getting his best finish of the season, a 3rd place, with Raingod holding off Wackybar to take 4th place.

But the drama at the back wasn't over, with Ruffian Stew out the race, his car was stationary just outside the tunnel, just off the racing line with T3RRAF0RM declaring his car had gone ghost (no collisions), we decided to have a bit of fun and have a closest to the Ruff contest, which mikethemute won....unfortunately for him....Ruffian Stew's car wasn't ghosted....it was quite real and solid, thus resulting in 2 cars being kaput and crawling round the track! This made the last 7 laps for all the drivers really interesting with these 2 moveable objects just appearing at different points in the corner!!

Boosters night finished quite badly as engine trouble meant he dropped down the pack to finish in 6th place, a good result in some peoples eyes, however I'm pretty sure Booster will be disappointed!

A huge congratulations to the Mehwarrior who secured his 3rd victory of the season, can he finish the season with yet another win?! All will be revealed soon!

I think that will do with for this report, I will try and have something special for the final race report. Just a quick reminder that there is no race next week, the final race of the season will be the 8th October at Maple Valley (Full and Forward) in the Saleen S7 (R3 Class) over 30 laps!

Look forward to the final race

Over and Out

Iceman

https://twitter.com/Iceman_D18

Boosterdq26

Yeah I was dissapointed :/ wanted to take the fight to meh,
So here comes the excuses gta v lol and I was working from 5am yesterday so was very hard to keep my eyes open, hoping for a small miracle for the next race lol

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum