Ruff Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruff Gaming

eSports for Everybody!

Join our new Facebook page - Search for Ruff Gaming over at Facebook and hit the Like button! Simples!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter - @RuffGaming
Don't forget to follow our twitter accounts - @RuffGaming @RuffiansFC & @RuffGamingTV
Join our Forza Horizon 2 Car Club on the Xbox One! Full details below in our forum section - Clubs and Clans

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ruff World Cup - Competition Info and Rules

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

The Ruff World Cup - Competition Info and Rules Ruffga15
The Ruff World Cup - Competition Info

Below is hopefully all the info you need for the Ruff World Cup 2014 but if you do have any questions then feel free to post them below and I will answer them soon as I can.

Matches played from Thursday 12th June and all group matches to be completed by Thursday 26th June.

There are 6 groups with 4 teams in each - 24 teams in total.

The teams and groups where drawn randomly shown live on Twitch.TV

The Groups are listed as A,B,C,D,E and F.

In each group - everybody plays each other twice. So you will play 6 group games in total.

Once you have played a group match, results must be posted in the results thread - Click Here!

Custom teams are NOT allowed - Online squads MUST only be used!

You must use your team that you was drawn in the live draw and no changing or swapping.

The points in the group stages are as follows - 3pts for a win, 1 pts for a draw and 0pts for a loss.

The top 2 teams in the groups after all the group matches have been played will progress to the last 16.

The 4 highest placed 3rd place teams (on points) will also qualify for the last 16 and the bottom 2 3rd placed teams will go out along with the 4th placed teams.

If any teams are tied for for a position in their group after all the matches have been played then the team with the highest goal difference will be placed higher. If the teams are still level after points and goal difference have been used then it goes down to goals scored then goals against. If some how after that teams are still level we will have a one off play off match to decide which team claims the higher place

All matches are to be played in the Online Friendly League section of Fifa 14 on the Xbox One. You count the 1st 2 matches as your results in the Online friendy league as it will ask you to play 5 in total - ignore the remaining 3 (or still play them but they do not count).

Each knockout stage match of the cup - Last 16, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Final will be a 1 off match.

All matches from group through to the final are to be set as 6 minutes for each half.

It doesn't matter who plays at home or away for any fixtures of the Ruff World Cup.

In the knockout stages, there is no option for extra time and penalties if a match is drawn. So if a knockout stage match is drawn after the full time whistle then the 2 teams are to play a full 90 min rematch. And keep doing so until we have a winner.

Once each round is complete we will hold a live draw on twitch to see who gets who in the next stage of the competition.

The 2 losing semi finalists will have a 3rd place play off match like the real world cup.

If a player gets disconnected during a match then I will leave it up to the 2 players how they wish to to deal with it. If of course a player is 5-0 up and the losing player gets booted in the 87th minute then I don't think anybody needs a replay. If players can not agree on whether to let the result stand or to have a replay then please contact me and I will make the ruling on how to take things forward. At no point do I want anybody having a go at each other in any way! So any problems contact me - don't start a war of words!

If I think that anybody is quitting a match to try to get a result wiped out (i.e a player is losing then quites to try to get a replay) I will act strongly on this and will consider actions that will include points deductions (if in group stages) or all the way up to removal from the competition! But I am sure it wont come to that!  Twisted Evil 

Also no rage quitting and saying the other player can have the result - this is can effect goal difference in the group stages!

The competition host (RuffianStew) has the final word on any problems or changes to the competition rules or format.

http://ruffianstew.blogspot.com/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum