Ruff Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruff Gaming

eSports for Everybody!

Join our new Facebook page - Search for Ruff Gaming over at Facebook and hit the Like button! Simples!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter - @RuffGaming
Don't forget to follow our twitter accounts - @RuffGaming @RuffiansFC & @RuffGamingTV
Join our Forza Horizon 2 Car Club on the Xbox One! Full details below in our forum section - Clubs and Clans

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Raingod Review Presents an Inside Scoop to the Second Round

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

My sources tell me that in view of the England's withdrawal from the competition due to a last minute holiday, and the non finishing of games in Group C, the teams in the hat for the delayed draw are as follows:

Greece Jack Blanchard Winner Group A
Colombia T3RRAF0RM R-U Group A
Switzerland Mikethemute Winner Group B
Mexico PGTips R-U Group B
Chile LongJohnMcNasty Winner Group C
Ecuador Dave AVFC R-U Group C
Netherlands G4ndu1f Winner Group D
France XBulldog R-U Group D
Belgium Splatty Winner Group E
Italy Darkestfrost R-U Group E
Uruguay WombleMK3 Winner Group F (all England Results void)
South Korea MehWarrior R-U Group F

Scotland RaingodZippo Best 3rd Place Team from Group A (7 Pnts GD -2)
Portugal Iceman D18 2nd Best 3rd Place team from Group D (7 Pnts GD -10)
Russia RuffianStew 3rd Best 3rd Place team from Group F (5 Pnts GD 0)
CameroonCoyoteCub 4th Best 3rd Place team from Group B (5 Pnts GD -5)

Really tough luck on USA ImmortalRogue98 who missed out by 1 goal with 5 Pnts GD -6

Ruffian Stew will confirm this (or completely change it depending on his big Arsenal Calculator of How Teams win stuff)... Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

STOP PRESS

Due to Sweden's inability to fulfil its fixtures and this disadvantaging Germany, the Grand Committee of Ruffs Federation of Football Associations has decreed that Russia will play Germany in a one off match to decide who goes through between them.

This does not affect any of the other qualifiers - I argued that XBulldog should be thrown out for playing France but that was turned down  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked cyclops 

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

OK the draw has been made, and bar the result of the replay of Stalingrad we know who plays whom.

Ecuador DaveAVFC v South Korea Mehwarrior
Well one of the teams I slagged off - and then got slagged off for slagging off will make the Quarter Finals.  Both teams finished second in their group (although to be fair to Meh he would have been top if the England results had stood.)  Both teams have surpassed themselves and show that the star ratings in FIFA are no barrier to progression (the other 3.5 star team Scotland also progressed).

This one is really difficult to call and as I will get abuse which ever way I go I will say Meh after 3 replays Smile

Predicted Winner South Korea

Mexico PGTips v Uruguay WombleMK3
Can PG take the bite out of Womble? (OK, OK it had to be said - I won't mention it again).  I think he can, but this is another tough call.

Predicted Winner Mexico

Italy Darkestfrost v Cameroon Coyote Cub
Looks like a foregone conclusion to me - but having managed a foreign holiday in between rounds, Dark might be so chilled he lets his guard down. Coyote managed a draw against Mike in the first round so he could be a danger for Dark.

Predicted Winner Italy

Colombia T3RRAF0RM v France XBulldog
Everyone's worst nightmare is to face an in-form Bulldog, however T3RRA can take heart that G4ndu1f (twice) and Iceman managed to beat Bulldog in the first round.  This is however where the tournament truly begins and I would expect Bulldog to be just too strong for him.

Predicted Winner France

Winner of the Battle of Stalingrad Ruffian Stew/Ninja Nut v Belgium Splatty
So impressive is the array of talent in Splatty's team and his results from the first round, I very much doubt either of the 2 protaganists from the play-off will be able to beat him.  However you should never underestimate the Germany and Stew has a habit of scraping through competitions where lesser mortals would fail.

Predicted Winner Belgium

Switzerland Mikethemute v Chile LongjohnMcNasty
This has the "tie of the round" written all over it - well if it wasn't for Greece v Netherlands - 30 goals between them and only 1 defeat.  Unfortunately for my fellow Scot that defeat would lead me to think that it will be cuckoo clocks and chocolate in the quarter finals.

Predicted Winner Switzerland

Portugal IcemanD18 v Scotland Raingod Zippo
You couldn't have picked a better match than if RuffBlatter had made one draw slip bigger than the others.  It's tiny swarming midget midfielders v Cristiano Ronaldo...but wait, Scotland have a secret weapon...Hutton, Martin, Whittacker all play and they are all Right Backs,  if any of them were actually any good then they might stop CR7 but since they are all either slower than continental drift or about as good at tackling as my gran (and she's been dead for years) I think we might have a problem...

Predicted Winner Portugal

Greece Jack Blanchard v Netherlands G4ndu1f
Surely the tie of the round...an incredible 41 goals between them in the first round both only losing 1 game.  However the key here is that G4ndu1f beat XBulldog twice, so while I think it will be close I think there will be clogging in the quarters.

Predicted Winner Netherlands

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum