Ruff Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ruff Gaming

eSports for Everybody!

Join our new Facebook page - Search for Ruff Gaming over at Facebook and hit the Like button! Simples!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter - @RuffGaming
Don't forget to follow our twitter accounts - @RuffGaming @RuffiansFC & @RuffGamingTV
Join our Forza Horizon 2 Car Club on the Xbox One! Full details below in our forum section - Clubs and Clans

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat

+8
xo lfc recon xo
JRamboIV
thetaffman
The Mehwarrior2
Baw Kicker
pgtips77
Darkestfrost
T3RRAF0RM
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Wed May 29, 2013 3:34 pm

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

To be honest I thought it was a mad idea with no braking line and Iam officially the worst at driving games but I have been testing it without and it's not as bad without the the braking line, it's making me a better driver - only slightly lol.

The thing I would say is the reason behind no brake line decision is that the drivers who put the most practice in will benefit the most on race night.

If most of the drivers are still unsure I will consider changing to the brake line.

Post here your views or contact me directly over twitter

http://ruffianstew.blogspot.com/

27Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Wed May 29, 2013 3:59 pm

ICEMAND18

ICEMAND18
RuffiansFC Player

I can see both sides of the argument, some people don't have the time to practice and learn the tracks so the racing line is much safer for them and everyone else but then people who have practiced are not getting any real advantage for practicing without it! I used to hammer the racing line but last night I found I drove better without it, maybe we should consider not using it for the first race, see how it goes and then if it is as bad as everyone thinks then add it for future races?

https://twitter.com/Iceman_D18

28Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Wed May 29, 2013 5:28 pm

pgtips77

pgtips77

I'm happy to go with what you say. I'll give it a go over the weekend. Though it would be nice going into a race knowing I could at least try and compete using my own driver settings ive used for 60+ hours gameplay.

Ok ill shut up now Very Happy

29Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Wed May 29, 2013 7:42 pm

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

I would like it put on record that I am NOT happy with the "no racing line" policy. While I am not against corners only, which is the default I use, I think it is hard enough without having to do it without any line. Having said that it doesn't look like I'm likely to trouble the upper echelons on the races anyway - I am having a bitch of a time with the wheel, even using the codemasters recommended settings it feels like driving a volvo with the power steering turned off. And my time on Albert Park - my favourite and best track - is woeful. (Controller is still worse Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil )- so probably won't make any difference in the long run.

30Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Wed May 29, 2013 9:18 pm

T3RRAF0RM

T3RRAF0RM
Ruff's Trials Evo Champion

I generally have no problem with having no line after all its not the racing line I use it for its just to help aid with breaking points. some people have just picked the game up and if they don't practice they will find it very hard and will probably end up not finishing due to crashing or worse smashing into someone else. If everyone taking part was into sim type racing I'd say go for it, the more realistic the better but I don't think that's the case.
These open wheel F1 cars are a lot more fragile than the cars in forza. Anyway that's my point of view, I'll go with whatever you decide. :-)
It might be worth adding a short practice session before qualification if you're only doing 25% race. It might help those that don get around to practicing.

31Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Wed May 29, 2013 9:19 pm

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

RaingodZippo wrote:I would like it put on record that I am NOT happy with the "no racing line" policy. While I am not against corners only, which is the default I use, I think it is hard enough without having to do it without any line.

I am leaning towards changing it so racing/braking line can be added for all you nub nub drivers and so you can leave the rest of the track free for me and Baw Kicker to rip up! Mawhahhahhhhhhh!!!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Only kidding and I think you all have a good point and I don't want the competition to crash and burn on the 1st corner and nobody enjoying themselves! I think I will change my mind and you can have braking lines on.

I am still undecided on the track length and I will post up soon weather it is 25% or 50%.

T3RRAF0RM wrote:
It might be worth adding a short practice session before qualification if you're only doing 25% race. It might help those that don get around to practicing.

Good idea Terraform - I will look into some sort of practice.

32Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Wed May 29, 2013 9:35 pm

T3RRAF0RM

T3RRAF0RM

RaingodZippo wrote:I would like it put on record that I am NOT happy with the "no racing line" policy. While I am not against corners only, which is the default I use, I think it is hard enough without having to do it without any line. Having said that it doesn't look like I'm likely to trouble the upper echelons on the races anyway - I am having a bitch of a time with the wheel, even using the codemasters recommended settings it feels like driving a volvo with the power steering turned off. And my time on Albert Park - my favourite and best track - is woeful. (Controller is still worse Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil )- so probably won't make any difference in the long run.

I had real issues with the wheel but after a whole season of testing I found this worked for me.
Steering deadzone 1-2% set at 2% if the straight is very long.
Steering saturation 0%
Steering linearity 20%
Throttle deadzone. 4%
Throttle saturation 3%
Brake deadzone. 2%
Brake saturation. 10%
Feedback settings
Environmental effects 30%
Feedback strength 90%
Wheel weight. 30%

33Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Wed May 29, 2013 9:49 pm

pgtips77

pgtips77

Just done an hour and half on Singapore with these settings. I'm at least 5 seconds a lap down on my personal best. That's if I manage a clean lap. I struggle without it on corners.

34Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Wed May 29, 2013 10:07 pm

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

T3RRAF0RM wrote:
RaingodZippo wrote:I would like it put on record that I am NOT happy with the "no racing line" policy. While I am not against corners only, which is the default I use, I think it is hard enough without having to do it without any line. Having said that it doesn't look like I'm likely to trouble the upper echelons on the races anyway - I am having a bitch of a time with the wheel, even using the codemasters recommended settings it feels like driving a volvo with the power steering turned off. And my time on Albert Park - my favourite and best track - is woeful. (Controller is still worse Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil )- so probably won't make any difference in the long run.

I had real issues with the wheel but after a whole season of testing I found this worked for me.
Steering deadzone 1-2% set at 2% if the straight is very long.
Steering saturation 0%
Steering linearity 20%
Throttle deadzone. 4%
Throttle saturation 3%
Brake deadzone. 2%
Brake saturation. 10%
Feedback settings
Environmental effects 30%
Feedback strength 90%
Wheel weight. 30%

Will give it a go tomorrow night and let you know how I get on Smile

35Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Thu May 30, 2013 8:11 pm

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

The teams are now posted up! Check them out at www.RuffGaming.com

What you guys think? Happy?

36Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Thu May 30, 2013 10:04 pm

JRamboIV

I don't think you could have chose a harder track to start the championship on. I predict lots of broken front wings at the bottle neck that is turn 1 and 2. Tyre wear is an absolute bitch on this track as well. It's all good though, I'm just hoping for a good few races. I doubt I will compete using a joypad but I'll give it a go and enjoy it too. I'm happy with my team mate too. Just need a name now Nash.

37Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Thu May 30, 2013 10:08 pm

JRamboIV

As for the racing line I actually found myself going about half a second faster on singapore without it as the braking line tends to lean towards early braking whereas I brake super late. So look out for me flying up your inside late into the corner like Sergio Perez or Pastor Maldonado.

38Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Fri May 31, 2013 8:35 am

ICEMAND18

ICEMAND18
RuffiansFC Player

I found that for me the racing line brakes too late for my liking, but that's more than likely why I end up spinning on the exit of corners because I'm accelerating out?! Fastest I managed last night was 1.49.6 which puts me stone dead last! Should be a good race!

39Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Fri May 31, 2013 1:19 pm

Baw Kicker

Baw Kicker
RuffiansFC Player

Correction, second last

40Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Fri May 31, 2013 5:42 pm

JRamboIV

Posting 1:42's on time trial, but that's not real as the car has far more grip than in actual race conditions with full fuel and tyres that wear.

41Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:21 am

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

Still driving like a bag of spanners and 10 seconds off the pace...serious practice needed...and I haven't even tried it with other cars on the track...this is not good Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

42Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:40 am

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

So the Ruff 1 circus rolls back into Singapore for Tuesday's big Championship opener. This is the first official "Live" race at Marina Bay. The last one was a time trial event won by Darkestfrost with MiketheMute finishing second and the now retired XBulldog picking up the last podium place.

The tight street circuit, possibly the most technical track, outside Monaco, will provide a stern test for the drivers. With an interesting mix of F1 veterans, really fast looking rookies and Baw (who still hasn't seen the inside of an F1 car less than 4 days from race day), this race is as unpredictable as a scared rhinoceros at a children's party.

Around 1:42 a lap on the time trial seems to be the target time, but add the mix of masked psychos, accident prone Essex boy racers, Geordies who drive their damaged cars on racing lines and team captains out for a Sunday drive; anything can happen.

It will cetainly be eventful and the stewards will, I predict, have a busy evening.

There is nothing quite like Ruff 1 for excitement - so be there on Tuesday - if you dare!

43Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:29 am

T3RRAF0RM

T3RRAF0RM

JRamboIV wrote:Posting 1:42's on time trial, but that's not real as the car has far more grip than in actual race conditions with full fuel and tyres that wear.

You can normally get a faster lap in race conditions as you can increase the fuel mapping

44Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:16 am

Darkestfrost

Darkestfrost
RuffiansFC GoalKeeper

RaingodZippo wrote:So the Ruff 1 circus rolls back into Singapore for Tuesday's big Championship opener. This is the first official "Live" race at Marina Bay. The last one was a time trial event won by Darkestfrost with MiketheMute finishing second and the now retired XBulldog picking up the last podium place.

The tight street circuit, possibly the most technical track, outside Monaco, will provide a stern test for the drivers. With an interesting mix of F1 veterans, really fast looking rookies and Baw (who still hasn't seen the inside of an F1 car less than 4 days from race day), this race is as unpredictable as a scared rhinoceros at a children's party.

Around 1:42 a lap on the time trial seems to be the target time, but add the mix of masked psychos, accident prone Essex boy racers, Geordies who drive their damaged cars on racing lines and team captains out for a Sunday drive; anything can happen.

It will cetainly be eventful and the stewards will, I predict, have a busy evening.

There is nothing quite like Ruff 1 for excitement - so be there on Tuesday - if you dare!

love the write up raingod. Stew, get this on the front page!!!!! Love it. Smile

45Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:08 pm

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

Darkestfrost wrote:love the write up raingod. Stew, get this on the front page!!!!! Love it. Smile

Very good call! Was thinking that myself!

Great work Raingod!!!

46Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:17 pm

RaingodZippo

RaingodZippo
RuffiansFC Player

This continues to go badly Sad Sorry Mike, maybe we should have stayed with the Lame bit on the name. I've now graduated to having other drivers on the track and lets just say Pastor Maldonado has nothing on me...Kamui Kobayashi maybe Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

47Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:11 pm

ICEMAND18

ICEMAND18
RuffiansFC Player

I can't get round a lap without getting some form of penalty or flag! Always have bits missing on my car, Tuesday is going to be a nightmare! Sorry Meh but I think I'm living up to the team name

48Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:49 pm

RuffianStew

RuffianStew
Ruffians FC Captain

Final competition details such as race length, points scoring and car colours will be announced Monday night at www.RuffGaming.com

49Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Baw Kicker

Baw Kicker
RuffiansFC Player

I thought I would buy the game today, have a shot tonight, podium place tomorrow night.

Tripped at the first hurdle, no one has the game for sale in the area.

Tried Game and all the possible outlets but noone has it, so in an epic fail I need to bow out.

Unless I somehow find it somewhere before tomorrow but I doubt it.

Sorry Ruff

50Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruff 1 2013 - Season 2 - General Chat Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Darkestfrost

Darkestfrost
RuffiansFC GoalKeeper

Baw Kicker wrote:I thought I would buy the game today, have a shot tonight, podium place tomorrow night.

Tripped at the first hurdle, no one has the game for sale in the area.

Tried Game and all the possible outlets but noone has it, so in an epic fail I need to bow out.

Unless I somehow find it somewhere before tomorrow but I doubt it.

Sorry Ruff
I think you can get it on Xbox through games on demand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum